Saturday, December 6, 2008

Snowy Day & Baby Love


We are enjoying a wonderful snowy day! I decided to head outside and practice with my D80, some nature shots. The silence of the snow immediately enveloped me and I was in peaceful bliss. I found some wonderful subjects peeking out from under the snow.

These holly berries seemed appropriately seasonal. the beauty of the brilliant red juxtaposed with the crisp white of the snow, beautiful.



The softness of this image is very soothing. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of detail and the clarity.



When I came back inside I found my little man doing something very interesting and surprising. He must have seen me wandering in the backyard and decided he needed to check out what was happening outside.

(No he wasn't alone inside while I was taking pictures, big sis C was on patrol)



Yes, he is standing on his own! Big sis C said he crawled over and then walked his way up the window until he was standing. He was mesmerized by the falling snow, it was way too cute.



We will be heading outside later today, when there is more snow. I cannot wait to see how he reacts to the cold, wetness. I so love these baby firsts. And I so love the first significant snowfall. What a wonderful day!

2 comments:

katie said...

Oh, Jen, those are beautiful photos, especially the one of your boy's hand on the window. I can't believe he's that big already!

Your snowy holly pictures would make a pretty christmas card.

Cheryl said...

These are so pretty! Look at how well you are doing with your camera! Good work! Gavin is the cutest :) You really captured his wonderment.